Life

Sometimes life is crazy but it is balanced with some relaxation too.
Sometimes my boys cry and whine but they laugh and learn too.
Sometimes I feel like I am a one-person show...in the circus but I also feel supported and helped.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Can you hear the bells ringing?





We are so blessed this year! Thanksgiving was wonderful and Mom's turkey and gravy was AMAZING like always and next to her famous apple pie, this is my favorite Thanksgiving food! I know, I know so many of you are thinking "No, my (insert family member here)'s turkey/gravy/apple pie is the best." I am here to tell you that you clearly have not tried my mom's! And my entire family would agree with me!

Seriously, I am so thankful for the ability to go see all of my family and my husband's family (which is mine too, so I don't know why I felt the need to clarify :) Despite that we were missing Grandpa and Aunt Penny, we were all counting our blessings that we could still get together.

Now, as we are preparing for the celebration of Christmas, and God's most precious treasure He gave us, my home is bustling. My boys have enjoyed cutting down their Christmas tree (first real one we have done as a family!) making their Christmas lists and visiting Santa, all while learning the true meaning of the season.

Just yesterday, they were able to watch the Polar Express and help me wrap a few Christmas presents, and you should hear them sing! Nolan had made up some of his own words, which he will defend until he is blue in the face. "Let Kevin and nature sing" (He has a cousin named Kevin) Simon sings the 12 Days of Christmas from start to finish perfectly. We are having so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment