Life

Sometimes life is crazy but it is balanced with some relaxation too.
Sometimes my boys cry and whine but they laugh and learn too.
Sometimes I feel like I am a one-person show...in the circus but I also feel supported and helped.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Never Coming Back?

Last week, I was fortunate enough to visit Baltimore, Maryland for the National Middle School Conference with a few of my co-workers. Now, some of you may be thinking: Baltimore? Wow. Whooptee-Do. And you are sort of correct: aside from Fort McHenry, the amazing Harbor, and Edgar Allen Poe's grave, I cannot say much else about the city. I will probably not be going back any time soon. (If you are from Baltimore or have a soft-spot for the city, I am not knocking your city: it was just not for me) I did enjoy the conference though, and am glad I went.

A few weeks prior, my home was Germ-City USA. (hence the LONG time-span since my last post) My oldest had a double-ear infection, and my younger boy had a sinus-infection. Eventually Daddy and I had to fight off the same stuff. My little one needed two rounds of antibiotics and I was still unconvinced that the meds actually worked. Needless to say, he was whiny and clingy for several weeks, so leaving for a few days did him good, as he rarely whined to anyone but me.

So, the trip came and went, and I could not talk to the boys over the phone. The first night (4hrs after I had seen them) I called to say good-night. Both boys were hysterical. So, the next night, Daddy decided that it would be better not to talk. (He was in charge and taking great care of them...and I was not the least bit worried) Finally, when I returned, the boys were so happy to see me and we really enjoyed being together as a family the majority of the weekend.

Almost three days after my return, Simon (oldest and worry-wart) broke down in tears because he did not want me to be away so long. (I had been away here and there for a night or two, but this was the longest) I was taken a-back since I had already been home for a few days prior to these emotions. I assured him that I knew he would be safe with Daddy (Grandma and Grandpa helped too) It too him a few minutes to really understand. I tried hard not to dismiss his feelings, for his feelings are serious stuff to him: after all, he was really worried that I was never coming back!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Simon is really a sensitive guy! =-) Glad that you had a good trip and that everything is well at the Lupfers' house!

    ReplyDelete