Life

Sometimes life is crazy but it is balanced with some relaxation too.
Sometimes my boys cry and whine but they laugh and learn too.
Sometimes I feel like I am a one-person show...in the circus but I also feel supported and helped.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Revelation

Just yesterday, on the start of my third week of summer break, I finally realized that my time spent is much different these days. Gone are the days of having to squeeze in dinner, laundry, housework, grading, studying, and bathing and playing with my boys in a mere 6 hours or so. Welcome are the days of waking up at 6:30 and having all day to get this stuff done (minus the grading of course!) For the first two weeks of summer, I was rushing around with a mental and sometimes physical checklist of all that needed accomplished (prioritized, of course!) I found myself saying, "OK boys, as soon as Mommy cleans the bathroom, we will play with your trains." Now, I welcome any diversion from cleaning! I can (for the most part) stop what I am doing, play for a few minutes and pick up later!

Believe me, I am not complaining a bit about either schedule (Not today, anyway), as I count my blessings that we are able to have what we have and do what we do! The teaching gig is a fabulous job to have while raising a family, especially when my friends and family in the corporate/business world have even less time at home during the work day.

For now, I must go and do something, whether it be necessary or not! I have two hours until I leave for class!

2 comments:

  1. So true. Though I wonder: How in the world do you have six hours a night during the school year? Even when I taught Kindergarten, I had only 3 hours before Cam's bedtime. I think you must be such a superwoman that you accomplish 6 hours of work in a 3 hour period! :) Your summer to-do's include a playdate! (Wow, that's surreal!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...the six hrs include the time AFTER the boys go to bed! That is when the grading and studying come to play. This part is always the least productive! Believe me, I am NOT superwoman!

    ReplyDelete