Life

Sometimes life is crazy but it is balanced with some relaxation too.
Sometimes my boys cry and whine but they laugh and learn too.
Sometimes I feel like I am a one-person show...in the circus but I also feel supported and helped.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Boys and Boobies

I have two adorable but somewhat rotten little boys. You may or may not know this. The older is 4 and the younger is 2.5yrs. They are fascinated with body parts (which is understandably developmental and not at all a surprise) But, when they start talking about their body parts, or someone else's body parts, I harbor feelings of embarrassment or humor and sometimes both!

The two boys have a 'naked' dance, that my hubby and I have restricted to their underwear, and play 'peek-a-boo-pee-pee' when they get out of the bathtub (which is exactly how you are picturing it...opening and closing their bath towels.) The boys think it is hilarious to pretend to put sunscreen on their bodies: all parts included thanks to Imagination Movers (No, they do not sing any songs about any inappropriate body parts. One of their episodes is about getting up and being active: when they go outside, they sing the sunscreen song!)

More recently, the younger boy has taken an interest in my body parts and is constantly trying to innocently peek down my shirt either very blatantly or nonchalantly. This act is typically accompanied by "I see your boobies, Mommy?" As if I would flash him! All the while, my older one seems to only be interested in how I go potty. I sometimes wonder if they have devised a secret plan as to how to expose me entirely!

In the meantime, my hubby and I will continue to teach modesty and the importance of privacy (or pridacy if you ask my 2 yr old) and chuckle at their newest obsession once the boys are tucked in bed.

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing so hard because I totally relate. It must be the age range. My boys are 5 and 3.5 now, but a year or so ago it was just as you describe it. You are right, it is normal but definitely embarrassing at times. :-)

    ReplyDelete