Life

Sometimes life is crazy but it is balanced with some relaxation too.
Sometimes my boys cry and whine but they laugh and learn too.
Sometimes I feel like I am a one-person show...in the circus but I also feel supported and helped.

Friday, September 3, 2010

My new love

Well, I have successfully made it through two whole weeks of my second year of 8th grade! (I buzzed through eighth grade a few years ago and for the first seven years of my teaching experience, I taught 7th grade) And. I. have. a. new. love.

No sick-o's it is not an eighth grader...it is my SmartBoard (an interactive white board)!

I have been lucky enough in the past to beg borrow and steal) time with a smartboard over the past several years, but this year, I have my very own: mounted in my classroom, nonetheless! Because of this, and my new responsibility of 8th grade language arts and math, I am pumped about the start of the year. This also translates to me spending all of my free time teaching myself how to use the SmartBoard. I am turning into a real techie.

I have also started another EDA class for my masters titled Leaders in Diverse Communities. It is too early to tell how this class will unfold.

Needless to say, gone are the days of taking my boys to the park outside to play in the sprinkler...school is in full swing! Plus, Simon starts his second year of preschool on Tuesday.

I miss my boys terribly, but also treasure the time I do have with them during the day and maximize the quality as best as I can. (Yes, this sometimes means that the boys may help me do laundry, but we make it fun!)

Happy Labor Day everyone. Enjoy your long weekend! I know I will!

1 comment:

  1. Do you have SmartResponse clickers? Those are super-cool, too! They just installed my second smartboard (I changed classrooms this year)...I LOVE IT!!! You have to try out the "checker tool" in Lesson activity toolkit...I used this all of the time last year - would write the definition, put the word in the block and then match them up...

    ReplyDelete